Job Description-Salary & Hourly
|Job Title||Production Supervisor||Position Level||Level 2|
|Department||Operations||Salary or Hourly||Hourly, FT, Overtime available|
|Reports to||Operations Manager||Date||May 2018|
|The Production Supervisor position reports to the Operations Manager. The production supervisor will plan, direct and coordinate the day-to-day operations of a food processing facility. The production supervisor is responsible for achieving and maintaining production goals, coordinate with quality assurance and warehouse personnel, monitor and report performance, and schedule staff|
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|· Familiar with a variety of food processing equipment and systems
· Monitor and report on key metrics
· Schedule permanent and temporary production staff to meet production requirements
· Monitor and enforce adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
· Reallocate resources to meet changing production requirements
· Perform varying tasks while standing, lifting, crouching, etc. during long periods of time.
· Perform all tasks safely and in a manner that will not create or pose a direct threat to the health and/or safety of any other person.
· Provide direct support to sanitation and quality
· Complete work documents to comply with regulatory requirements
· Work independently under limited supervision
· Understand, follow, and implement all safety related standards and practices
· Strong problem solving in a demanding fast paced environment
· Detail oriented keep clean and accurate documentation
|· Accountability- proactively handle assigned duties and take ownership for outcomes and needed follow up.
· Operate with a sense of urgency, completing tasks and making decisions efficiently and effectively.
· Proactive- look for areas where contributions may be needed, anticipate need outside of assigned tasks
· Excellent analytical skills, understanding key metrics and importance of accuracy in reporting.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to aid in team building and cooperative outcomes
· Team oriented and ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
· Operate with integrity in all situations. Values open communication
· Open minded, willing to consider other perspectives that may be different.
· Excellent communication skills, written & oral
· Microsoft computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIRED
|· • College degree preferred.
• 5 years food production supervisory experience
• Knowledge of GMPs, sanitation, and organic production
• Knowledge of Safe Quality Food or other food safety certifications
• Knowledge of food processing equipment· Industrial manufacturing experience, preferably in food industry
· Overtime and weekend schedules may be required
· Forklift experience preferred
· Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
|· Working environment: While performing the duties of this job, tasks require working in a manufacturing environment where appropriate attire and safety equipment are required.
· Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.