Job Description-Salary & Hourly
|Job Title||Industrial Sanitation Technician||Position Level||Level 1|
|Department||Operations||Salary or Hourly||Hourly, FT, Overtime available|
|Reports to||Operations Manager||Date||May 2018|
|The Industrial Maintenance Technician position reports to the Operations Manager. This position will be responsible for overall cleanliness and Sanitation of All Packaging Equipment, All Kitchen Equipment, Clean in Place Procedures (CIP), Floors, Production Area, Trash Collection, Utensils, Pumps, Tables, Restrooms etc.|
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|· Familiar with a variety of food processing equipment and systems
· Frequently lift/move hoses, equipment, chemical containers weighing 20-80 lbs. throughout each and every work shift
· Wear employer-specified protective gear, including gloves, face/eye shields, aprons, boots, etc.
· Exposure to chemical cleaning solution (with protective gear)
· Perform varying tasks while standing, lifting, crouching, etc. during long periods of time.
· Perform all tasks safely and in a manner that will not create or pose a direct threat to the health and/or safety of the sanitation worker or any other person.
· Provide direct support to production and quality
· Maintain the facility and grounds
· Complete work documents to comply with regulatory requirements
· Work independently under limited supervision
· Understand, follow, and implement all safety related standards and practices
· Strong problem solving in a demanding fast paced environment
· Detail oriented keep clean and accurate documentation
|· Accountability- proactively handle assigned duties and take ownership for outcomes and needed follow up.
· Operate with a sense of urgency, completing tasks and making decisions efficiently and effectively.
· Proactive- look for areas where contributions may be needed, anticipate need outside of assigned tasks
· Excellent analytical skills, understanding key metrics and importance of accuracy in reporting.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to aid in team building and cooperative outcomes
· Team oriented and ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
· Operate with integrity in all situations. Values open communication
· Open minded, willing to consider other perspectives that may be different.
· Excellent communication skills, written & oral
· Microsoft computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIRED
|· Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
· Industrial manufacturing experience, preferably in food industry
· Overtime and weekend schedules may be required
· Forklift experience preferred
· Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
|· Working environment: While performing the duties of this job, tasks require working in a manufacturing environment where appropriate attire and safety equipment are required.
· Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.