Cooking with CBD
Many people are taking CBD with their coffee, tea, juice, and even directly dropping on their tongue, but what about mixing it with food? Cooking your food with CBD is easy and you can just as easily reap the benefits such as fast and complete absorption into the body. Some might even claim it tastes better.
CBD Oil is great to use when cooking or baking recipes like pizza, pasta, cookies, and cakes.
A few tips to keep in mind before cooking with CBD:
- Small Amounts – You don’t need a lot of CBD oil, use only the amount you would normally consume directly from the bottle
- Quality – When cooking, make sure you are using high-quality CBD or Hemp Oil.
- Use other Cooking Oils – The benefits of CBD work best when used with other oils such as Coconut Oil as the oil serves as an excellent carrier to enhance the bioavailability of the CBD
- Never heat up CBD – You can add CBD to the recipe, but do not heat up the oil on a stove or place under high temperatures
Now, let’s get down to the best part: cooking.
Fresh Margherita Pizza
Serves: 4 slices
12-inch pizza crust (pre-made or fresh)
1-2 cups of pizza sauce (fresh or premade)
4-5 tablespoons of Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
8 ounces of mozzarella (sliced)
3 tablespoons of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (grated)
5 large basil leaves
12-15 drops of CBD/Hemp Oil
Crushed Dried Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
- If you are using fresh ingredients or recipes to create the sauce and dough, be sure to follow the instructions accordingly. Once the dough is ready, roll out or layout.
- Next, preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large baking sheet, drizzle a bit of the garlic olive oil then pat out the pizza crust directly on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle or brush a bit more of the olive oil on top of the crust then, spread about ½ cup of pizza sauce on it.
- Place the mozzarella in slices or cubed up pieces over the pizza, then do the same with the basil leaves.
- Place pizza in the oven to cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the crust has become golden brown and cheese has started bubbling.
- Remove pizza from the oven and spread it on a wooden cutting board.
- Drizzle a bit more of the olive oil and using the CBD dropper, drip about 12-15 drops of CBD Oil per serving while being mindful that 1 slice is 1 serving per person.
- Sprinkle in the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and crushed dried red pepper flakes over the pizza for the finishing touch.
- Cut and enjoy!